5.11.2008

PressThink

I'm including Jay Rosen's PressThink site in my paper so I thought I would pass it along here. Here's a description of the site - basically it's an exploration of the role of the media and specifically as it relates to technology. 


I was accepted to both NYU and College Park for grad school and were it not for the poverty factor of moving to Manhattan AND going to a hugely expensive private school, I would really have liked to work closely with him in NYC...cool stuff. 

This is his related site on open-source reporting, NewAssignment.net

And....finally, BeatBlogging.org

When people ask me what I want to do with my shiny new journalism career, I should really point them to these sites, because it's hard to describe some of it beyond "cover stuff in innovative ways using the Internet." I'll know it when I do it, I guess. 



1 comment:

jackson14 said...

Okay...so I may have to jump on the blogging bandwagon. At first I was very much against it, but the BEATBLOGGING idea has me excited. Being that my first reporting job will probably be as a community reporter I think this concept is beneficial. No more figuring out story ideas for my community beat. Whew! That's pressure off my back. YAY Bloggers!